Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Day 4: The Count's personal hell

I've definately learned plenty from trying to replicate the roll-a-ball game, but what I haven't grasped so far is how two identical scripts implimented in the exact same way don't function similarly. I've copied the script verbatim, applied it identically, and yet the count variable refuses to increase when items are collected. It defies all logic and I'm sure insanity will creep up on me if I think too much about it. I'm probably just going to work from the pre-made finished version because I did nothing wrong here.

Also, for my reskin I was thinking of two possibilities. One is that the ball could be transparent in a way that makes it look like glass or plastic, and inside have a scientist controlling the movement, like it's a role reversal where lab rats have taken over and shrunken their captor down to size and made him do all the maze stuff. Another probably simpler idea is a toy box, where it would basically be a rubber ball that could jump and bounce and avoid other toys and obstacles. I'm not sure what the collectables would be for either idea though, or how I would even go about doing any of this. But one thing at a time I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment